Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Someone told me today that I look very chic. Which is a pretty RAD compliment in & of itself, but the best part about it was that I had been walking around thinking to myself "Hey--I look pretty chic today" Get that? The exact same choice of adjective there. WOW, right? I was either spot-on in my self-assessment, or this dame is a pandering telepath.

Hmmmm.. am posting constipated. I think I need to maintain a post it Post-it, à la mon ami Kara. I could yammer on about last night's Heroes ep, but I suspect tomorrow night's High School Reunion will leave me with a lot to say, and so I'll delay a TV-centric posting 'til then.

Here's a kinda cool shopping site I found when researching Giant Gummy Bears on Sticks (don't ask). I was a bit fixated on it during my late afternoon doldrums today. While I mainly browsed their product offerings before, when I just now revisited the site (to get that link) I noticed they had a sort of trivia section. In said trivia section, they had booger trivia. Ohhh, a site after my own heart. Oh, cringe if you will, but the science of boogs IS interesting. Grody...but interesting. I remember, long ago, watching a booger themed episode of Beakman's World.

Anyways, enough about TV--back to purchases. I shall now complete my post by itemizing how I spent the $15 iTunes gift card my sis bought me a couple weeks ago. Yes--purchase itemization--the refuge of the uninspired blogger (or well, this uninspired blogger anyways)

I bought 2 episodes of Comedy Central Presents (stand-up specials) -- Doug Benson & Dan Cummins. Y'know I really do like Doug Benson, but I've seen him be much funnier than he was on his Comedy Central special (like when he was on Last Comic Standing, for instance) Incidentally, I'd been browsing the Comedy Central offerings looking for some Gary Gulman but no dice. Still, it's cool that they've put all that stand up on there. If you are now inspired to rush to iTunes to git you some Comedy Central Presents goodness, I would recommend you get the episodes (I think there are 2) featuring Nick Swardson. Thems are hellah funny and the only reason I didn't wanna purchase those was because I've seen them so many times I could probably lip synch to his act.
I also bought Episode #4 of MTV's The State. It's sort of random & out of order to start in at #4 I know, but that episode had in it Barry & Levon & $240 worth of pudding and for me that is the most resounding (albeit ridiculous) thing from that show. The best part is Thomas Lennon *whispering sweet nothings* to the pudding mound: "Ohhhh puddin' you lookin' so RIGHT" HAA.
For music I bought--
SOME FOLK STUFF--
Black Jack Davey [by Mike Seeger]
Shady Grove [Doc Watson]
SOME NEWER STUFF--
Heartless [Kanye West]
I'm Yours [Jason Mraz]
SOME KID STUFF--
I've Got no Strings [from Disney's Pinocchio-- yes, I love this song]
It's a Small World [many consider this the world's most annoying song, but I just adore it. Plus--bonus-- this version features Maurice Chevalier singing and the hyper-Frenchy Frenchiness of Maurice Chevalier --especially when set to music--never fails to amuse me]
80s NEW WAVE GOODNESS--
Just Can't Get Enough [Depeche Mode]
SWINGIN' STANDARDS--
Nice Work if You Can Get it [Frank Sinatra]
MORE FRENCHINESS--
Je t'aime moi non plus [Serge Gainsbourg; Maurice Chevalier had me in a French sorta mood. But I do want to expand my iPod's repertoire of "international music" . And also Folk. I want more old timey Folk/ Blues/ Bluegrass type stuff ]

1 comment:

Kara said...

The State is one of my favoritest shows ever and I had no idea you had a thing for Gary Gulman.. I love him.. even if most of the stuff I've heard him talk about is cookies.. :)