Friday, March 27, 2009

Most thrilling Thursday night EVER

So yesterday evening I thought I’d take a smidge of a nap before tuning in to Ugly Betty & Grey’s . This was at 6:30 and I *thought* I set my alarm for 7:30. However, when I woke up later to pee, I had the distinct feeling that more than an hour had passed. I thought: Hopefully I’m just in time to catch the start of Grey’s. Then I checked the time—12:09am!! So I got up, hit the potty, and went back to bed. So, essentially I went to bed at 6:30 last night (unintentionally). I am such an old granny.

Props to ABC though, for posting full episodes of both shows on their website. I never bothered to DVR ‘em.

In Friday’s news, my right eye contact popped out when I was rubbing my eye (think I had had it in inside out) and I miraculously spotted it on the office carpet, took it in the bathroom, rinsed it under the tap a bit and popped it back in. I am sure the National Contact Lens Usage Advisory Board would have some not nice things to say about my actions, but I only have 1 pair left at home and am trying to delay reordering. Like, these are supposed to be 2 week contacts and I know I’ve worn ‘em all month. The aforementioned NCLUAB is annoyed with me on like, SOOO many levels. However, I do believe I made them up, so their wrath should be fairly bearable.

We got our pay stubs today (or paychecks, for people silly enough to forego Direct Deposit) and enclosed with them was a print out of the new & improved dress code policy. Oy freakin’ vey. One line that just slays me (and I quote): “Hair should be clean, neat, and free of odors.” I’d like to know who it is in management that is designated to roam the office sniffing our hair to make sure we’re compliant. And Larry told me (and I promised to keep it on the down low..but I’m not *telling* anyone else…posting about it hardly counts) that they really devoted a lot of time to dress code policy in management meetings. And this new policy is actually a lot more watered down and lenient than other options they discussed. For instance- there was talk of prohibiting offensive bumper stickers on peoples’ cars. I mean, that wound up on the cutting room floor but it does aptly illustrate how very thoroughly THE MAN wants to squelch my individuality. Grrrr.

No comments: