Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I was walking through the Finance Dept at work yesterday and I spied someone on Blogger...blogging. Shame, SHAME, I KNOW YOUR NAME!!

On principle, I don't really object. In my heart of hearts, I am definitely for a li'l slacking off on the job. I know that's a hard-to-defend position, especially in today's economy... Well, I probably couldn't defend it, but I feel it to be right...much like how I feel about the 10 minute grace period. I feel like, if your shift is say, 8am-5pm, you can get to work anywhere between 8-8:10 am and still be considered on time. Too bad that's not universally accepted by employers. Ohhh, if only I ran a bidness...(it would crash & burn in a month or two!!)

Anyways, back to the Finance Dept blogger. Now, while I wasn't opposed to her blogging, it did irk me. What the hell is Finance doing that their drones have all this down time?? I want in on that dept!! I mean, that used to be ME! I used to have time to sneak a post in during the day!! Now I'm busy all day and not accomplishing a damn thing. I feel like I finish little bits of things but I'm constantly getting sidetracked some way or another, and my "Pending" pile never quite manages to shrink.

I'm trying to keep in mind that Change-of-Status form I've got in with HR. They have got to approve that and gimme some more green. Surely all this uncharacteristic dilligence would be less of a pain in my arse if I was chasing a bigger carrot, y'know?

No comments: