Sunday, January 04, 2009

I drink your milkshake!! I DRINK IT UP!!

That has nothing to do with my impending post. I just love that line for some odd reason. I want to do some kind of sick Kelis-Daniel Day Lewis mash-up, but I half-suspect it's already somewhere on YouTube and I want to PIONEER that shite or I won't even bother, y'know??

Today I went to Keene shopping. My whole objective was to obtain my 2009 calendar. The W Lebanon Borders selection was meh, and the Dartmouth Bookstore's was downright lousy. So I set off for the next closest Borders. I wanted to get a Schott's Miscellany desk calendar but, although the Keene Borders' selection was a smidge better, they didn't have Schott's either. But I figured, it's Jan 4th, so I best get something. So I picked up this desk calendar instead. I've had it in previous years...it's a good one. If I happen to run across the Schott's Calendar in my travels, (perhaps in Feb or March at which point it will be 75% off) then I'll pick it up. I know, I know, I could just buy the bugger offa Amazon, but it really galls me to pay shipping on stuff.

I was tempted to buy ABBA Singstar for the PS2...but then recalled I don't actually have a PS2 (or a gaming console of any kind) I'm just becoming addicted to my sister's. If I picked up a Singstar game, it really ought to cater to everyone's tastes. I have a feeling like I'm the only one who'd appreciate the ABBA edition (after all, Fernando is , in my mind, the uberultimate karaoke song...if I had to karaoke to save my life, that is *probably* what I'd sing, with a slight outside chance that I'd go with Ice Ice Baby instead) and it would wind up as more of a one-woman show than a game.

Next door to Game Stop (which is a really cluttered and disorganized mess of a store, BTW) is Bed, Bath, &Beyond which I popped into on an impulse and I am SO GLAD I did because 'twas there that I found exactly what I'd been wanting to get my Dad for his b-day (coming up on Jan 6) I got him.....the SHAMWOW!! Damned exciting, don'tcha think? I'm stoked, anyways. Perhaps I'll also buy one of those giant gallons of gross supermarket brand cola and then immediately after presenting him with the Shamwows, I will proceed to empty the whole jug onto the livingroom carpet and then we'll see what those mo-fos can do, eh?? The chick that rang me up at Bed, Bath & Beyonce (ha,haaa! oh my, that is FUNNY) said that her b.f. is a Shamwow owner and he really likes the product. So, obviously, I am quite optimistic.

Here's another purchase of interest... among other things I picked up at Target, I bought a box of Pepperidge Farms Wheat Crisps. I know, I know, I should've opened with that and then broke the news about ShamWOW because that seemed terribly anticlimactic as I just typed it. But lemme tell ya, compadres, I had these at my sister's on New Year's Eve and I was continually & compulsively dumping these into my mouthhole. They are damned tasty. I want to infiltrate the Pepperidge Farms farmlands, locate the silo with the Wheat Crisps in it, and shut myself in there for 3 or 4 days. Mmmm-mmm!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! the second pepperidge farms wheat chips reference I've heard in the past two days! Teresa Strasser on the Adam Corolla show was raving about them as well. Come to think of it, you actually remind me of Teresa in that you're both hilarious! Brilliant minds think alike I guess. Do you ever have the pleasure of listening to her and the Corolla show?

Sandra said...

AWWWW SHUCKS. Thanks..
I've never heard of Teresa Strasser, actually. Although if she enjoys Pepperidge Farms Wheat Crisps she's got to be an alright sorta broad.

I'm constantly plugging in my iPod in the car, so it's been a long while since I've listened to ANY radio, but when I did, it was pretty much tunes I was in search of...

Anonymous said...

First - you could have picked the ShamWOW up at your local Walgreens - they have a most excellent selection of "as seen on TV".
Second - Get your calendar on Amazon - it is Free Super Savor eligiable, and $9.59 so you simply need to find $15.41 worth of other stuff that you want and poof no shipping costs! - Paula