Tuesday, January 20, 2009

day of rest/guilt

I called in "sick" today. It was about 30% not wanting to get out of bed and 70% being worn down by my job lately. After calling in, I went back to bed, woke up at 11am and my first thought: "I can't believe I did that." And now there is this heavy fog of trepidation surrounding my return to work tomorrow. I feel like I was seen through or like I am going to be instantly. And you know when you miss work and you get this paranoia about what went down when you weren't there to play defense?? Maybe it's just me. But I feel like management must take the opportunity (of my absence) to detect everything I've let languish or fall through the cracks and also to closely peruse the state of disarray my desk is in.

On the other hand...I deserved a break. And, it's not like I've made a habit of this (in fact, it's the first time I've done it...at this job).

I'm kind of disgusted with myself that I can't just play hooky without incurring this weighty torment over it. I guess I wish I was more Ferris Buellery...

1 comment:

Kara said...

I am sooo the same way! I very rarely take a day just to take a day.. Don't feel bad about it though!

As far as my Rock of Love obsession, I feel filthy after watching it too, yet I'm strangely compelled to watch.. much like when you have to stare at a car wreck. You don't want to see any dead bodies, but you can't look away regardless. That is what Rock of Love is to me.