Saturday, January 31, 2009

embarrassing admission..


I am somewhat inept at pumping my own gas. I mean, I comprehend the basic procedure (I'm not that mentally deficient) but I am totally reliant on the gas pump "trigger kickstand" and those seem to have inexplicably vanished from 98% of all gas pumps. So yeah,my problem is that I don't really know when my tank is full. I know it's supposed to click off when it's full, just like it does when you use the kickstand, but it will also click off just if you apply a skoach extra pressure. So, if I'm pumping gas (sans kickstand) and the thing clicks off, I'm never really sure if it's due to a full tank, or if my bored hand seized up. And lately, in these frigidyass January days, it's harder than usual to perceive my hand clenching as the bastard is numb and frozen. I can sometimes hear the gas reaching the top of the tank, but usually there's too much background noise for me to aurally hone in on such a faint sound.

Oh,and have I previously mentioned that my dashboard gas gauge is completely nonfunctional?? Has always been busted. My routine is to zero the tripometer every time I fill up and then I watch the miles (not the worthless P.O.S. gas gauge) and hasten to a gas station at around 300 miles. So obviously, I'd like to be totally certain that my tank is, in fact, FULL when I fill it, dig?

I feel like such a schmendrick, tellin' ya all that. Still love me??

No comments: