Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

I think the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade just may be my favorite part of Thanksgiving. With the midday gorging being a close second fave. Anyways, I watched a good deal of the parade before I at last relented and started in washing the dishes that I had let set in the sink overnight (from prepping veggies & Green Goddess dip & devilled eggs the night before) Anyways, I was sorta peripherally keeping an eye on the parade, when the sudden, jarring, seemingly arbitrary appearance of RICK ASTLEY had me abandoning the sink and standing bewilderedly in front of the TV with my dish soapy hands held up in front of me ( y’know, pre-surgery doc style) He was on the Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends float “singing” Never Gonna Give You Up and I was genuinely puzzled (albeit DELIGHTED… I do so enjoy that Rick Astley) It seemed to me SO outta left field that it took on a sort of miraculous & surreal quality.

So yeah, I was “Rickrolled”. And it just astounds me that I had never heard of this phenomenon until I did a li’l Wikipedia perusal this afternoon. It’s odd and trivial and just the sorta thing that I would know all about. But I didn’t!! Curses!

Lemme see… other things about my Thanksgiving…
I pigged out royally.
I kicked arse at Scrabble.
I went through the 2600+ songs in the iTunes library I share w/ Laura and weeded out all the Raffi & the Jonas Bros (& other such undesirables).

Going back to work on the day after a holiday completely blows the big euphonium. I gotta use up some of my small stash of ETO for Dec 26 (awww yeahhh..Boxing Day mah bitches!!)

No comments: