Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Heroes blather

Who else thought the Elle/Sylar face off on Heroes was hot?? I mean, killing a gal's father is quite a doozy of a romantic roadblock but Elle seemed to get over it rather quickly. Yes, she got over it after firing a coupla hundred lightning bolts at the fellah, but still!! Daddy-killing is the sort of faux pas that should really result in a lengthier grudge--am I right? Nevertheless, it was still pretty hubba-hubba. And Sylar is seeming strangely attractive to me this season. Well clearly he has a sweet bod--that's pretty evident during the Elle confrontation scene. But from the neck up I'm finding him fetching too, but can't really pinpoint why. I mean, none of those features are aesthetically pleasing in any classic sense of aesthetic pleasantry. And the eyebrows should be a source of much distraction. But they're not . (Sadly, I can't say the same about Nathan Petrelli...my sis likes him. It's way shallow of me , but I just cannot get over his megalithic chin...or jaw...it's kind of the jaw region as well. Really, his whole head is a bit Easter Islandy and it freaks me out)

Conversely, Parkman and Daphne have more or less pledged their love and they have all the chemistry of.. .of...uhh...white paper plates and cotton balls. Ok, so my arsenal of chem-knowledge is tres miniscule (practically nonexistant) but it seems a decent bet that those two elements aren't apt to catalyze any dramatic chemical reactions of note. I just think this particular romantic storyline looks to be LAME and I blame the dame. This Daphne falls in love faster than she runs but she doesn't do it very convincingly. I can't decide if this actress is lacking that mysterious "it factor" that endears her to the viewer, or if she simply is a shitty actress(possibly both). Anyways, it's too bad, because Parkman's mah boy and he deserves some love. Other than that non-trad fam love he had going on with the whole My 2 Dads set up --him, Molly, Mohinder. Who the hell is watching that child anyways??

1 comment:

Kara said...

I would have to agree with you, as I found Sylar slightly sexy during that confrontation myself!!