Friday, November 21, 2008

TV blather

Sheepish confession: Between my regular TV addictions, I have taken to watching the Disney channel again. Particularly The Wizards of Waverly Place or Hannah Montana or Life With Derek. That last one, because all the people on that show are so charmingly Canadian. Yeah, so I happen to know the show is made in Canada, but I swear even without knowing that...you'd be able to tell. They really do exude this distinct Canadian je ne sais pas I can't fully define. For one, they seem more wholesome. And they really do say "about" funnily. Or at least the younger bro on the "Derek" show does anyhow.

Anyways, speaking of TV... my Thurs night line up consists of: Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy & then It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I still do love The Office, but I usually catch up with it online over the weekend. I know I can watch Grey's online too, but watching it Thurs gives me a more balanced night of couch spuddery (comedy-drama-comedy vs. comedy-comedy-comedy) So...WHAT THE FLIP is wrong with Izzy anyways?? I swear they are building up to a brain tumor and that is going to be a godawful DRAG of a storyline. Still, I'd be miffed if they were just making her go plain ol' nuts too. The only palatable way out of this Denny foolishness---in my opinion-- is to pull a Dallas circa 1986 (the show, dummy, not the city) and make it all a nasty dream. Conversely , what was good in this episode was that Sloane got the opportunity to be a bit more than set dressing. Don't get me wrong... he is a fuckingGORGEOUS bit of set dressing, but there is more to him than just his uber fine exterior. He is my absolute FAVE Gray's character and I've been saying for aaaages that the dude needs more of a storyline. However, I didn' t like his comment that he'd been contemplating a dalliance with "Little Gray". I do NOT sanction that pairing!! Y'know I always thought a Sloane-Izzy coupling would be just capital. You've got the whole bad boy-goody 2 shoes girl dynamic in play there. And , okay, YES, Little Gray is a goodie 2 shoes also, but she's also a tremendous dweeb. I like her well enough, but she's SO not worthy. But Izzy has got her thing right now with Karev , and that's a pretty decent pairing . Plus she's apparently bat guano loco at present...so... not the best timing to launch a Sloane-Izzie storyline. I think it'd be fine for Sloane to bide his time with Callie. Maybe even have an ill-fated fling with that new blonde Aussie psycho. The only other Gray's romance worth mention (since Derek + Mer= ZZzzzz) is the burgeoning Hunt- Yang pairing. Not everyone liked Hunt's weird inarticulate frustration combined with sudden maulings but I gotta say...I'm a fan. It is weird. But hot& weird. And this week in particular he kind of shrugged off his oddball aura and was really rather adorable in that stoop scene near the show's end. " I think you're BEAUTIFUL." Simultaneously heart-melting and twitterpating...I loved it.

No comments: