Thursday, November 13, 2008

audience participation please..

I find iTunes to be really easy to use, but it's not all it could be. I really love shopping Amazon on account o' the browsing capabilities. iTunes is so simple to *buy* from, but mere browsing isn't so great. The big advantage to Amazon is the WISH LIST. I love the wish list. iTunes should sooo let users compile wish lists. And while they're improving, I think it would also be rad of them (and rather ground-breaking,really) if they offered full minute music preview snippets. A lot of songs you really can't get the gist of in a measly 30 seconds.
See, if I had a wish list, I mighta remembered that I wanted to buy George Harrison's "Got my Mind Set on You" I know it's a cheezy song, but I so dig it. Remember this---???---




Bravo--amazing space-age special effects in play here! Where is he -- in the Disneyland Haunted Mansion ?? I kid! I kid! I love this song, really. And the vid is a fond memory. I think it was the squirrel playing air sax with a pipe that stuck in my nog the most vividly. Love that. None of the squirrels at my house are so amusing.

So I'm suddenly inspired to posit a poll-esque query to y'all (what few of you comprises "y'all" anyway). It's not going to be a full-on poll, because I want you to tax your own memories and give me answers rather that respond to a bunch of voting options thunk up by moi. Anyways, the aforementioned query:

What is the most memorable music video from the 80s?? ( put your answers in the comments per favor)

I think an obvious answer would be "Thriller" and I don't really mean one that was ubiquitous like that,or iconic , not necessarily. I mean something that stuck in your own mental craw, personally memorable, not culturally memorable. Dig? Of course, that might still be Thriller. Thriller was a biggie for me...not so much because of the actual video, but because my Thriller ViewMaster reel was 1 of my 2 favorite reels. Yep, pretty much when I got out the ol ' VM, I was reeling thru Thriller or 1976 King Kong. I had lotsa other reels-- Tom & Jerry, Huggabunch,--oooh, quick side tangent...check this shit out.. I owned the one they call "Tickles" here but I think I called her Bitchface and her illegitimate babe I called Allistair. Hey, I had nothin' against him. Not his fault that he is harlot-born.
But I digress. Wooah do I digress..back to videos.

Most memorable 80s vid for me ( I am soon going to divulge MY answer to the poll-esque query, I urge you to right now scrawl down your answer lest you be influenced..) is , hands down, Genesis 's Land of Confusion . Oh, not only do we got ugly puppets, you have singing navels & drowning in bed . If that stuff is not branded on your memory then it's because the trauma made you suppress it. Yeah..ok.. I suppose grandiose claims like that warrant an embed...

No comments: