Friday, November 21, 2008

small, odd, vexations & misc. notes

D'ya ever feel like your tongue just doesn't fit right inside your mouth? My tongue just could NOT get comfy today.

Another thing that irks me.... I think this irks me more than it does most people. I really hate "toast tracks " in the butter. Technically these would be toast crumbs left in the stick of butter in the butter dish... but I have long called them "toast tracks". I want to slather my toast with PRISTINE butter, not butter full of crumbs from godknows whose toast from who-the-flip knows when??

The butter rant makes me think of a poem I read the other night. That's right. I'm not a complete cultural heathen. I sometimes read poetry, dammit.

Anyways, I think this A.A. Milne ditty is utterly charming...

Perhaps I shall write a sequel epic poem...telling of a lovely Empress and her reactions to toast tracks in her butter...

No comments: