Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Gettin' in the Christmas spirit

I'm getting a very sllowwww start to my Christmas shopping. I think part of the reason my Christmas shopping is gaining momentum oh-so gradually is because last year at this time I was making quite a bit more $$. The nutty thing is that I work a lot harder in this new job... and get paid less. Where is the justice?? I need a new gig. One where I work less and get paid more. Y'know I just heard they're in dire need of female airport security at the little rinkydink airport in Lebanon. And that the gig comes with beaucoup bennies. I don't think I could do that gig though, dammit. But really I have *got* to find something else if I can. Working for a nonprofit org is a tot-step away from volunteering for a living.

But I digress. I have made a smidge of progress in my Christmas shopping. I think I want to buy my Dad the Shamwow. OK, partly because I'm damned curious about it, I admit. But if it works anything like it's supposed to my Dad would be thrilled with such a product.

Also, I want to get my sister these candles. I am inclined to get her all 3...I sure do wish they came in a set.

I've also got a lot of great Christmas cards. I think that's what's put me in the holiday mood the mostest. I found a surprisingly awesome variety box at Kmart that features Norman Rockwell & JC Lyendecker illustrations--classic stuff. I love it. A box of 28 too!! I was so impressed.

I posted this Family Guy clip last year, but the vid I embedded then won't play anymore. I imagine it was on YouTube and then yanked off due to rights violation or some such hooey. Anyways, I gotsta proffer this nugget of holiday cheer again...

No comments: