Sunday, June 21, 2009

other miscellaneous oddments...

Some stuff I forgot to mention...
1.) Father's Day. I bought my Dad Cajun snack mix, a $25. McDonalds gift card, & a Dirt Devil Kone (lame-ass, I know, but that's just the sort of practical crrrrap he likes!) Also we had a Father's Day cookout. I was on hotdog detail (cooked inside on the stove...pretty much included on the menu for the kiddos) and I did an f-ing AWESOME job on the asparagus...on the panini press. I don't care if it makes my pee smell hellah funny...it was super-delish.

2.) Library book sale....there was a decent one at the Windsor Library 11am-3pm yesterday . I hit it up after the parade and I got--
$1 hardcovers--
25 cent paperbacks & kids books--
some educational book about famous buildings & monuments (for the kiddos)
Skinny Legs and all by Tom Robbins (for me-- recently, and I can't recollect where, I had read some maaaad emphatic praise for Another Roadside Attraction and for Robbins in general, and I'd never read anything of his but was put in a mind to)
Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk (for me-- this is another author I feel I oughtta acquaint myself with)
May I Bring a Friend? by Beatrice de Regniers (a cute kid's book for the muffins. Sadie can read the whole thing herself--I'm amazed!! She starts 1st grade in the fall and all of a sudden, she is
reading like a pro. )
The Voyage of the Ludgate Hill (my best kid's book find; this is like a funny epic poem with terrific illustrations by Alice & Martin Provenson)


3.)Tees. I was lured finally by The Cotton Factory ad on facebook and I went to that site to peruse the wares. Me likey! I may have to drop some moolah there at some point. These are the tees I particularly fancied--




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

We have just added your latest post "other miscellaneous oddments..." to our Directory of Science . You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory and get a huge base of visitors to your website.


Warm Regards

Scienz.info Team

http://www.scienz.info