Thursday, June 25, 2009

macaw

And now that I've put it off twice, I feel like I've built up this needless sense of suspense for the macaw story and I'm sure y'all will be disappointed. It's really nothin' MAJOR, but just the same here goes...

Was working in the supply room the other day, and then I return to my desk and upon said desk I find: a printout of a wikipedia hi-res photo of a macaw. Immediately, I'm all, "Paul--what the HELL?" Because who else in the office, aside from Paul, would be gifting me with unexplained macaw pictures?? (I'll tell you: no one) Then I figured , well if it's not a Paul-o-gram of some sort, then somebody found a weird pic on the printer and just ASSUMED I printed it (ok, it's a fair assumption. I'm still a bit insulted though)

OK, cut to 10 minutes later, I have gotten the call to jet out to the wilds of Enfield and fetch some blood (the bosslady had drafted me for this errand earlier that a.m.) that I would then run to the DHMC lab. I hit DHMC and I figure...what the shit..I was waiting *forever* for that call to ring in and I skipped lunch...I am damn well OWED a chocolate croissant on company time. So I do not go directly back to my car after finishing up at the lab, instead I head over to Au Bon Pain. En route to said bakery (it's in the hospital) I see this nurse June in the hallway. "What are you doin' here?" I asked, not even noticing that 1/2 her right hand is wrapped up in gauze. And she sez: "One of our patient's birds BIT ME!!" To which I responded " Was it A MACAW??" And then I launched into this story about the mystery print-out on my desk and how maybe this is the key to the whole mystery (not in those words..that sounds like the jacket copy on a Nancy Drew book) I wonder if June found it funny (I did...later) that my primary concern was with making sense of this print out left rather randomly on my desk and that I was only passingly interested in her gaping bloody flesh wound.

I also feel as if this validates my many prior assertions that birds are wicked nasties. In this very blog, in fact, I have ranted about how macaws in particular are an abomination. If I'd been June, I woulda gone all Ozzy Osborne on the mo-fo macaw!!

No comments: