Friday, June 12, 2009

I'm baaaack.

With not much to say. But if Rumplestiltskin can spin straw into gold, then I can sure as hell spin jack shit into some semblance of a post. Huh? Rumplestiltskin not real? The HECK you say!! No, totally, he's for real. I know a dude who roomed with his bro in college.

Ok, enough fairy tale jibba jabba... what's new with me... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

I'm kinda smitten with Lucky. It's probably my new fave periodical. I mean, I'm a longtime fan of the mag InStyle and Lucky does a similar thing, where it gives you pages & pages of must-own fashion accoutrement along with their purveyors & prices. Except in InStyle there's $500. earrings and $2,000. purses but in Lucky , the merch is generally >$100. So, really, InStyle is a safer buy for me because even if I'm drooling over everything, in all actuality, I have a snowball's chance in hell of buying any of it. With Lucky, there's some real temptation. But you can't NOT love it (if you're into that sort of thing) because they also have free give away opportunities in every issue & Lucky reader discounts of 35% or more in a lot of shopping websites. Siiiigh!!

The above gushing was utterly sincere. I am not being paid to praise or promote Lucky magazine. Though, I could sure as hell use a li'l supplemental somethin' $omethin' Conde Nast Publications, if you're reading this... . .

Back in February, I gave a shout out of sorts to a neon yellow Carlton Banks tee shirt. At the time of that post, I was saying how I came damn close to buying it but my wee reserves of self restraint kicked in and I did not. Well, probably I didn't update you, but I did, eventually, break down and buy that tee. Ok, that "eventually" is a smidge misleading, as I bought it about a week and a half after boasting that I resisted it. What can I say? I do so adore that 'Fonso Ribiero. Anyways, last weekend, I debuted the tee shirt, matching it nicely (I thought) with black short shorts, black flip flops& some very 80s throwback Ray Bans. The odd thing was...I don't know why it was... I felt like I was wearing a picture of Barack Obama. I mean, logically, I knew I never bought and do not own a Barack Obama tee shirt, but I dunno...a large, monochromatic head shot screen print of a black man...just felt like it must be 'Bama. Odd...

My parents are remodelling the kitchen. They knocked out the wall between the kitchen &dining room and put in an island (islands in the stream...that is what we are..) (sorry) and it looks pretty rad. Also they are going to replace the countertops and somehow redo the cabinets. I imagine it just kills my Dad to be shilling out all this $$ for purely cosmetic reasons,when nothing was actually damaged & necessitating replacement. But he initiated all of it...which tells me he is tremendously bored with life...

I can totally relate to that. But the onset of summer has me fairly stoked...I think summer has supplanted fall as my favorite season, actually. Every year it feels ...well, to be hokey about it, it just feels full of promise. So I'm tell myself to make good on that promise, eschew sluggishness and wang chung as much as I can and hopefully get some vaca in there too.

No comments: