Tuesday, August 05, 2008

No time for post Dr Jones!

Y'know why I don't have time for a proper post? Because I'm all smitten with myself!! It's disgusting, really. I got online, and I'm like "I gotsta post. When did I post last?" That made me go directly to my blog (rather than logging on to Blogger...which could've given me the same info, but, whatev.) And then once I was on there, the question "Whatever did I write about Aug 5th of last year I wonder?" popped arbitrarily into my noggin. So I checked...and kept reading. Have been reading my own nutjob ramblings for over an hour now. It's just too durn late to compose anything substantial now!!

So you get...ONE THING about today. I walked to Shaw's and got a salad for lunch. As I walked, was listening to Katy Perry's "I Kissed a Girl" on my iPod (a tune which I realize is probably derivative and surely not that innovative, but nevertheless, I enjoy it immensely) The Shaw's salad bar is lousy. That I gave it YET *ANOTHER* chance is just indicative to my unwavering optimism. I love hard boiled eggs , I'm always pleased to see them included on a salad bar and it's like one o' the first things I go for... HOW does Shaw's manage to serve up yucky hard boiled eggs, I wanna know?? How do you even make them yucky? Do they boil them in piss? OK, so that seems fairly unlikely, but I really am stumped on how one can so heinously botch hard boiling an egg. Their lettuce is always too watery. They need to invest in a g-d salad spinner. And then I thought I'd eschew the salad bar's abysmal dressing selections and head o'er to the dressing aisle, pick up a bottle I can stock in the communal fridge @ work... Shaw's has a fabulous array of salad dressing.. I am absolutely sincere when I say that.. dressings take up 1/2 of aisle 3 --they have a mega-buttload. And yet today the wondrous cornucopia was just wasted on me as I opted to buy Kraft Lite Ranch dressing. I wanted to be GOOD, y'know? But friggen hell, you might as well drizzle tap water on your salad--UGHH.

No comments: