Wednesday, August 13, 2008

(farm) STAND in the place where you liiive...

Stopped at a farm stand the other day and found that it was totally unmanned. There were produce prices on a dry erase board, a tied up dog, a cat snoozing in a cardboard box lid, a moneybox with a smattering of change in it, but not a person in sight. Now I paid the sign-decreed price for my corn, I assure you. But I fear there are some around that are not quite so ethical as I. See, the "honor system" appeals to the idealist part of me. And yet, the cynic in me thinks it may be folly to run your business that-away.

In related news, the idealist in me just LOVES peanut butter, while my inner cynic craves chocolate all the time. That is why when I eat a Reese's Peanut Butter cup, I feel the gratification all over my entire soul. But I suppose I've wandered off topic a bit...

No comments: