Thursday, August 02, 2007

recent recasts

So...BIG TV news...Whoopi Goldberg is the latest recruit on "The View". I have never been a Whoopi fan at all, so I'm not okay with this pick (well, actually I'm fine with it, because I have never been a fan of "The View" either. But if, hypothetically, I even liked the show a smidgeon, I would be miffed by this casting call) But on the bright side..this may be our chance to finally get some answers to one of the most baffling mysteries of our time. Indeed, I am going to blitz "The View " with emails and postcards until Ms Whoopi makes with the backstory on her eyebrows...or lack thereof, rather.

At one point, I'd heard Kathy Griffin's name bandied about as a possible replacement, but I knew that would never happen. It wouldn't matter if Kath was on the D list , the Q list or the negative Zlist, she is WAY too rad for that shit heap of a show.Oh but if she had been cast, I probably woulda started watching it. I also heard that Roseanne was considered. She woulda been a good choice too. Now, to the untrained eye, Roseanne wouldn't seem like much of a departure from Rosie O'Donnell, but I beg to differ. I can't stand Rosie but I like Roseanne alright. I guess the key differentiating factor for me is that Roseanne seems to be pretty mellow and laid-back in her fat crabbiness, whereas Rosie is all GRRR! and in your face.

As for recasts done right-- I'm eager to see how Drew Carey does with The Price is Right. I suspect he's going to be a good fit for that show (which I'm really glad is not going off the air)

No comments: