Thursday, August 16, 2007

SLOTH LOVE CHUNK-- UNNNNHHHH



Am pasting here a funky news item I read in the Lansing State Journal online (odd that I'm reading the Lansing State Journal, but, at any rate...)




Sloth still on the lam
OKEMOS - There was one possible sighting Wednesday of Judi Veverka's missing two-toed sloth, but as of press time, the animal remained at large.
The lead was fairly promising. Veverka described the witness as a "well-traveled woman who had seen sloths before," adding: "She was very positive of what she saw."
Veverka checked it out, but came up empty. She expected to return for another look later Wednesday.
The fact that the sighting took place about five miles from Veverka's home in the Briarwood subdivision of Okemos made her believe the pet may have been stolen, then released. On their own, sloths move very slowly.
The 15-pound sloth, Sambada, disappeared from its kennel Monday night.
Veverka got her taste for sloths while living in Brazil, where the animals are commonly kept as pets.
Veverka advises people to be on the lookout for "a weird-looking animal crawling around on its elbows and looking sad."
Veverka may be reached at (517) 347-2166, or (517) 449-9025.




I was under the impression that sloths were always in trees...coming down about once a week to drop a deuce. But for a sloth to run away? Now that's showing a remarkable amount of ambition, ain't it? Mayhap Sambada came down for his weekly #2 and could not find a satisfactory spot. Now he's wandering around suburbs of Lansing, lost, sad, apparently dragging his sad, lost self around ON HIS ELBOWS (double sad!) and probably he still has to shit. Poor fellah.


Dude -if I had a sloth, NO WAY would I name him "Sambada". Never ever... it's like a cross between Sambora & Lambada....evokes images of Heather Locklear's greeeazy ex doing THE FORBIDDEN DANCE!! Ughhh..no thank you. I think probably I'd go with "Sherman" or "Guillermo" or "Carmine" or geez, I don't know for sure but there are a thousand or so possible sloth names that are more awesomer than SAMBADA. And I wouldn't have a 2toed sloth either, I'd get a Bradypus variegatus or Brown-throated three toed sloth.

Check out this handsome cuss...

also I have a baby sloth pic...

Awwwwwww.....

Last summer, when I journeyed to the Montreal biodome, I stared at the "sloth" section in the rainforest dome for a good 20 minutes but was unable to spot neither hide nor hair (nor wickedly sharp looking but actually benevolent claw) of a sloth. What a pisser. But on the bright side, I did see a gaggle of capybaras and them guys are also pretty RAD.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Funny that I came acr0ss this bl0g that is like 3 years 0ld. I recently became obsessed with slQths and was perusing pictures Qf baby sl0ths & there y0u were. I read some of y0ur Qther, more recent blogs, and you're fecking hilari0us! Just wanted to let y0u know. Oh, and please forgive the 0's and Q's..my O key is being shady and 0nly working when I least expect it. I couldn't decide which I like better for improvisng the O (the Q kinda looks like an O on a wave, that's always fun) And i'm far to lazy to go back and risk the possiblity of having to beat my keyboard to death just for some silly ol' letters.

Sandra said...

Merci!! I'm glad you popped in& glad you liked whatchya read!