Monday, August 06, 2007

Beach baby, beach baby there on the sand, from July to the end of September...

I have a sorta sun-kissed glow leftover from yesterday. Incredibly, I have an actual real tan (and not a burn) and, if I'm not mistaken, my hair is a smidge lighter too.



Saturday I drove down to Medway, MA with Roxanne for some dinner/birthday party for her friend Charlene. We crashed at the aforementioned Charlene's abode and then yesterday the three of us did a day trip to Narraganset RI (Scarborough State Beach). It was a beautiful beach...clean..and most wondrous of all, I saw a grand total of 3 seagulls while there and they were perched high atop a building (blessedly far away from yours truly...in case you did not know..I LOATHE the gulls) I "swam" in the ocean quite a bit --I say "swam" with the quote marks like that, because I am NOT a strong swimmer and really what I mostly did was float on my back like driftwood. I am a whiz at the back float. But GAWWW-- I have a new appreciation for those that can & do swim in the ocean!! I nearly got knocked on my arse a few times!! It's not the final scenes of Point Break or anything, but Narragansett has some decent waves!! Oh, and I saw some skywriting. I'm used to seeing planes towing banners while at the beach, but this was the first time I'd ever seen skywriting. It sure woulda made for a more charming anecdote if I'd read "Louise, Will You Marry Me??" (And I suppose I would've also been charmed by "Sandra Will You Marry Me??" but let it be known that really I am wanting my grand marriage proposal written out in FIREWORKS across the night sky) but that 'twas not the case. No , instead I was informed that,apparently, there is "Hot Summer Fun at Mohegan Sun". Yippy skippy.

No comments: