Tuesday, August 07, 2007

days with Frog & Toad



this is my current desktop pic.


It pretty aptly illustrates why I so love Frog & Toad. Their books are so simple, but are really touching too. They are such well matched compadres. I relate more to Toad who has kind of funny ways about him and doesn't really have his shit together. And luckily I have these nurturing, Froggish friends who patiently put up with that.



I can envision this whole college course-- Seemingly Simple Childrens Books and Their Complex Psychological/Philosophical Subtexts.



Here are some essay questions from the semi-final (it's open book, by the way)-



1. Describe Grover's journey to self-consciousness in The Monster At The End of this Book



2. Explain how Frog and Toad personify the Chinese concept of Yin and Yang...



3. How does Responsible Rabbit's behavior color his interpersonal relations with his Sweet Pickles neighbors?


No comments: