Friday, August 17, 2007

bon voyage

Not much to offer up today, but I just can't commence a colossal week-long blog break without posting just 1 more post.

Yep, going on vaca starting tomorrow. Will be staying at a rented cottage on Lake Willoughby. From the rental property "dossier" I read, it looks like pretty sweet digs. However, there's no TV or computer, so unless I master the art of telekinetic blogging (I have been practicing) you'll not hear a peep outta moi until 8/27 or so. Yeah, no TV... I don't know how I feel about that. I'm torn. On the one hand, I like the idea of a real rustic hideaway and communing with nature and all that, but on the other hand is nature SOOO damn terrif that I wanna immerse myself in it 24/7?? Hmmm. I do intend to bring a heinyload of books. The cottage write-up boasted of a "fully stocked library" but I ain't gonna trust anyone else's taste in books!! The lake is reportedly pretty majestic... a glacial lake....the nth wonder of the world or somethin'. I plan to swim in it (or more accurately I will likely alternate my prize-winning backfloats with wallowing like a water buffalo...nothing so athletic as actual swimming)

Ok, totally veering off topic, but I wanted to gripe (to gripe on record, if I've not done so yet) how vexed I am by people who leave their shopping carts rolling around loose in the parking lot. I realize how absurd it is to say such people should be penalized, but if that's what it takes to instil some common f*cking decency in people, than maybe so.. Grrrr--do I ever HATE that! Ok, so maybe you had to park waaaay far away from the store...well, some bloody genius invented this phenom called "The Cart Corral" so you don't have to schlep your fat arse all the way to the curb!!! Wonders never cease, eh??

I think I should interject here (since I am griping for the record) that if these shopping cart abandoners are old duffers, or mentally handicapped or in some way infirm, then they be exempt from my wrath & disdain (although, they probably should not be out shopping on their own, they need to enlist some assistance. And ideally.... said aide would be trained in how to properly return a shopping cart when finished with it)

I got fish tacos from 99 for lunch and even though I concede that they sound kinda icky (as a matter o' fact, I got a chorus of disgusted groans when I announced my lunch pick to the office populace) I assure you they were de-fucking-LICIOUS!!! I would probably eat a poo taco if it came with enough guacamole & sour cream . Sour cream is condiment royalty, baby! And me mucho encanta the guacamole ...though I don't consider it a condiment. It's royalty of some other food class. But, I digress--- this is me, heartily recommending the fish tacos at the 99 (still on record, right??) Possibly my epicureal credibility is compromised when I proclaim that I would eat poop in a taco, so I should point out that I was totally exaggerating when I wrote that. Bit of late Friday hyperbole there...

Ciao, babies!!

No comments: