Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The shorts I'm sportin' today have 5 buttons on 'em--5!! There are two inner buttons on the left and 3 showy outer buttons on the right side. And as if that was an insufficient # of fastening mechanisms-- there's also a state-of-the-art YKK zippah. These pantalones es MAX SECURITY. It's like the shorts are compensating for the precariousness of this shirt (although I didn't plan it that way). I'm wearing this beige scoopneck shirt that flashes my bra whenever my perfect posture should falter and I slump in just the right way (or just the WRONG WAY...depending on what your attitude about seeing my bra is)

So ..I had it my nog that I wanted to see the movie Hot Fuzz (an after effect of yesterday's Simon Pegg research) . I was stoked to see the sign next to the Redbox in the vestibule of Shaws showed Hot Fuzz as one of the featured Redbox titles. But it was the ol' bait & switch my amigos!!! Lure me in with the promise of Hot Fuzz and sucker me in to renting Premonition when I find that Hot Fuzz is not --in actuality- one of that unit's proffered rentals. OK well I didn't rent Premonition after all, but I came rather close. I kinda had wanted to see that movie, primarily for the Julian McMahon factor ( I SO love him! He's from Australia too, didja know that? Could Australia really be this incredible Shangri-La rife with magnificent man-specimens?? Or do all the magnificent ones take up acting and flee the country?? Just wondering...) And then there was this couple exiting the store when I was at the Redbox (poring over the titles for the umpteenth time, verifying to myself that NO Hot Fuzz is NOT amongst the available new releases) and the hubby is like "OOOh! You're using this thing!! I've always wanted to see someone using this thing!!" And I was briefly compelled to rent Premonition just to demo for them the whole Redbox procedure. But Redbox's LIES put me in a sour mood and I took an all-or-nothing stance and said to meself "Y'know FUCK movies! If I can't get that one, I won't watch any. And F__ you too, random shoppers!!" Ok, I feel bad about that last one, even if I didn't voice it . I'm sure that they are very nice people but they had to find themselves another huckleberry as I didn't rent a thing. I have a few craft projects in the hopper and I will probably devote my evening to them.



Oh, and Wednesday night is make-dinner-for-the-folks night (new tradition) so I'll be doing that. Here be a scan of the recipe I'm going to attempt...

No comments: