Friday, March 19, 2010

Yippeee Yi Yay

I remember watching The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour with my childhood pal Jenny. No, no, I'm not THAT old...this was a revival of the Smothers Bros show they did very briefly in the 80s (1988 to be exact). Still, it was over 20 years ago that I watched this and I remembered EVERY SINGLE WORD of the below song. Which makes me think that she had it on VHS and we watched and rewatched and rewatched the tape. I don't think it would stick in my mind for 2 decades after just a single viewing. It would make sense, us watching it obsessively as this is just the kind of funny that delights a 10yr old to no end. Well, OK...I'll admit it....I still find it pretty damn funny...




Jenny's parents also had a laserdisc player. It was a technological oddity even back then. She was the only person I knew who had one. So rad.

No comments: