Tuesday, March 02, 2010

spacing out

Since I play my car tune-age so damn loud , it is important to me to have something cool playing when I drive through town...when I remember to pay attention to what's playing, that is. Today I was lost in thought and cruised through town blaring the theme song to Benson



There are a few TV theme songs that are cruising-through-town worthy. "Benson" is NOT one of them. "Magnum P.I." is fairly boss. Oh, and 2 of the coolest instrumental TV theme songs *ever* (the emphatic asterisks denote here that this is not subjective, I am now stating factual, empirical TRUTH)-- "Simon & Simon" and "Sanford & Son" I am going to email Danger Mouse and see if there's a mash-up to be composed there...

Well, anywhooo, speaking of spacing out (I am loathe to admit this. I am SUCH a fecking idjit !!) I pulled in to Texaco to get gas on Friday night and I side swiped the concrete guard that keeps people from hitting the gas tanks. So yeah, good news-- I didn't plow into a gas tank and explode myself. Bad news-- the sloppy jalopy has a monstrous gash in the back passenger's side door. I WISH I could plead drunkenness...but that was not the case. I was just driving, didn't have my head in the game, and wanting to pull up close to the tank (I am usually a bit too far away), I botched the endeavor entirely. Yeah, I pulled up close, alright. I said "FUUUUUCK!" and then I sat there, dazed for a moment, and was going to either cry or let loose with a litany of sundry cusses but then it popped into my mind how, earlier in the day, I was pulling notes from the file of a patient who is getting Hospice care from us, and I spotted that his birth year is 1984. AWFUL, I know. But it does give one perspective. I wound up saying to myself -"OK. Stupid. Yes. But in the grand scheme of things it doesn't fucking matter, eh?"

Nevertheless, it's still a smidge embarrassing when I get asked the inevitable "WHAT THE HELL happened to your car?"

1 comment:

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.