Monday, April 05, 2010

Release the Kraken!!

Whenever I see ads for “Clash of the Titans” my ears perk up at the bit where Liam Neeson intones: “Release the Kraken!” There’s not much else for dialogue in the trailer (possibly that’s the only dialogue, I can’t completely recall) but they made sure to cram that phrase in there. It’s almost like…”For your consideration—the Movie Catchphrase of the Year for 2010. . .” And though I was thinking it has immortal movie catchphrase potential, its major flaw is that it may struggle to be relevant to everyday conversation.
However the phrase did pop in to my head this morning (I mention, at the risk of thoroughly repulsing one and all) as I was trying to eject a singularly stubborn deuce. So there’s that …but aside from scatological jests I can’t think of any apropos applications…

7 comments:

Jill said...

Oh maaaaan

Sandra said...

what? Too crude? Even for me? Even por vous!!???

Jill said...

Naw...just right Goldie Locks!! But, oh the cartoons!!!

Did you ever see the first version of Clash of the Titans? It was so bad it was good!!

Sandra said...

No..I haven't seen it. It looks pretty cheeztastic though

Jill said...

It's turn-your-fingers-orange cheesy.

Oh, and Bill LOVES your use of "Release the Kraken!"

Sandra said...

Awwww MAN! Now I'm never going to be able to face Billiam again! I am so ashamed of my foulness.

I had so wanted to meet Delilah too.. Daaamn.

Jill said...

We'll just rende-vous when Billiam is away from mi casa...and the loo is free, free, free.

I have my own Kraken, ya know!!