Monday, March 15, 2010

bizarre dreams

So I slept in until 11:30 am today, and it was one of those light sleeps where I'd periodically wake up, listen to the rain on the roof for a spell, flop over onto my other side and fall back asleep. Which is why I had a series of weird dreams (of which I can only remember scraps now..) because (if I correctly recall the sleep chapter from Psych 101) it's stage 1 REM sleeping when you dream all your dreams. I seem to always have my weirdest dreams in the morning anyways.

In one dream I had a baby and was taking her to the pediatrician and I don't remember much more about that.

Another snippet I remember was my friend Roxanne driving past my house and the police followed her car and yelled at her over a bullhorn that she has TWO flat tires and so she turns around and pulls up my drive and we go to get her new tires. In defense of real-life Roxanny, I do believe she would notice a difference in her car's handling and would hear the loud THWUMP-THWUMP-THWUMPING on the road and would *not*require a cop to shout at her over a bullhorn to notice she had 2 flats.

Another dream I had--and the one I remember most clearly (I think it could be that a spectator part of my brain instructed me "OOooh--this is GOOD. Remember this one!") was that I was having an illicit affair with Kevin McKidd which is weird, because it's not like I've just watched Grey's Anatomy, actually I missed the last Grey's and haven't seen it in quite awhile, well, a bit over 2weeks (oh..that's something to catch on ABC.com when I finish posting) In my dream, he wasn't the actor Kevin McKidd, and he wasn't Dr Owen Hart (oh, real life side tangent...kind of unfair that he doesn't have some sort of Grey's nickname. I suppose a Mc- something nickname might be played out, or it might prove overkill vis a vis his Scottishness, but he's going to feel like a guest star until he gets saddled w/ a proper nickname, don'tcha think?) but he was some doctor or medical professional because he worked with me at the VNA. And my having one of the few access cards to unlock the supply room came in quite handy. Anyways, later in the dream a group of us went to his house for some reason and I realized he had a wife....at which point the dream started to suck. If I could have just cut it off at the supply room...

2 comments:

Jesson said...

wow great blog

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.