Friday, September 04, 2009

This distresses me a smidge

Some random guy FB friended me the other day. So I (quickly)took a moment out of my work day to ask him, ever-so-tactfully: who the fuck are you??

Here's how the exchange went--

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sandra September 3 at 10:50am
hey Allen S****. Do I know you??

Allen September 3 at 11:05am Report
well, i saw that you were friends with starr and your picture looks a lot like a lovely girl i dated in high school. Do i have the wrong lady? If so i appoligize for bothering you

Sandra September 3 at 11:20am
Oh, no apology necessary. I thought it entirely possible that I knew somebody and forgot all about them, so addled is my noggin. So I was trying to remember you…and more perplexed than bothered.So—Reader’s Digest version—I am not the lovely ex-g.f. Good luck finding her, though!!

Allen September 3 at 12:36pm Report
lol i went to click on something else and the message i was going to send was gone lol I have no idea if it was sent or what ( damn i hate learning new systems) Anyway in case it wasnt sent , what i said was ..Thank you for the response, I wasnt "looking" per say for the old girlfriend, just remembering with a smile and thought that i might say hello and practice the new facebook skills ( or total lack there of it appears ..lol
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This mutual friend he references is a lady I used to work with at TDC. She is 58 yrs old (or will turn 58 next month) so I kinda assume at the outset that her friends are of that same age group. But then I rationalize: well that's not a certainty. I actually have many older friends, and a number of friends who are younger than me... there's no reason Starr wouldn't have a similiar diversity in her acquaintences.

Then this Allen goes berzerker overboard with the lols and uses the phrase "practice the new facebook skills" and so I'm now 98% positive that this dude is of the AARP set. Oy vey. The moral of the story is .... I NEED A NEW FACEBOOK PROFILE PIC POST HASTE!!

It would seem the current one makes me look like I'm 60. Ohhh feck.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Getting old sucks.

Oh shit! The Jehova Witnesses just parked outside my house. Gotta pretend I'm not here...

Sandra said...

Well, getting old is not for sissies, that's for sure. But I fer sure prefer it to the alternative. What's mortifying me here is that my hagged out profile pic is making me look approx 30 yrs older than I actually am!!

In a related story, I picked up some hair dye at Kmart this afternoon. Would it be overreacting if I started stocking up on Oil of Olay as well??

Jill said...

Ha ha...that's too funny...I have been contemplating when I need to start with the eye cream routine to avoid the dreaded crow's feet!!

That, and Bill says he's been seeing gray hairs...oy vey.

Paula said...

Face it dear... we are getting old, but I think that 60 is pushing it (even on a BAD day). It amuses me when old people use slang (in this case LOL, my boss says "That's how I roll", my mom not so cool - she is stuck on the slang I used when I was 13....seriously she still says grody (sp?).
It could be worse - your ex pool guy could be stalking you, wanting to make you his baby mama.