Tuesday, June 12, 2007

on a MUCH lighter note

This commercial cracks me up! My Dad was baffled as to why I was so damned hysterical whilest watching it, insisting "It doesn't even make any sense!!"



Well, I must concede that point. The commercial in question does NOT make any sense. But it's amusing as all hell nonetheless. I mean, first and possibly foremost, how adorable is that Pipi Longstockingy wig on that dude?? Note his facial expressiveness while he experiences his epiphany. That's some stellar acting, baby!! And that line "I deserve a hot juicy burger--not because I can tear a phone book with my bare hands--but because I have a mouth. And IT WANTS ONE!!" So confounding it's hilarious. I am now going to employ that formula whenever I voice a craving for something: I deserve a {insert food/bev that you are hankering for here} not because I can {insert somewhat bizarre & totally irrelevant skill here} but because I have a mouth. And IT WANTS ONE! For instance...if I happened to perchance be jonesin' for a root beer float (that's highly probable by the way) I might bellow--" I deserve a root beer float--not because I can play "The Greatest American Hero" theme song on the xylophone-- but because I have a mouth. And IT WANTS ONE!!" Genius.

No comments: