Friday, June 29, 2007

mighty mighty multitasker

Tonight I played "Bunch" while watching "The Devil Wears Prada" on this PC's Windows Media Center. Though I am such a techno-whiz these days that shouldn't stun anybody.

My game scores were not great. My Bunch record is 15 thousand somethin'-er-other hundred, well I don't EXACTLY know the # of my best score-- it was over 15thou and less than 16 thou--that I am sure of. Tonight I surely didn't crack 16 thou. It seems I play better when I am not simultaneously watching a movie.

And as for that movie...EH. The plotline was really trite,but after all, wasn't it derived from chick-lit? Super successful chick-lit, but chick-lit nonetheless. I hate to be snooty,but I do avoid buying any books that sport fluorescent art work (generally a sure sign of chick lit) on the covers.
So, anyway, 'twas predictable and trite and uninventive and all that, but I'd not say the movie was a total loss. Hathaway was really beautiful in this movie. I mean, she IS a very beautiful girl, I guess her being in such DORKY fare as "The Princess Diaries" (1 &2) had blinded me to that fact. And Meryl Streep is terrific in her role. And though Adrian Grenier is a cutie...I would never, NEVER, NEVER pick him over Simon Baker!! At worst they revealed his (Simon's character's) business ethics to be a little shady, but otherwise he was THOROUGHLY charming and really, seeing him drinking his coffee in naught but his li'l hotel towel?? To that I just say...Ethics SCHMETHICS!! And still she goes back to her old beau ?(sorry...I suppose even if the whole movie is super predictable that would still be classified a "spoiler" Forgive moi) What the HELL??Is she on CRACK? So yeah, just seeing Simon Baker made this movie worth the price of rental...he is just too foxy for words. Yeeeah, and he's Australian to boot and..and.. happily married with 3kids. Oy. Ain't that always the way? Oh well, at least Gerard Butler's still single. ( And I SOOO can't fathom why. He is primo!!!)






MMmmmmm...YES PLEASE.



This is movie was the 5th rental I've gotten from a Red Box vending machine. If you ever see one of these in your local supermarket, I urge you to check it out. They're kinda rad. Oh there are drawbacks--mainly a lack of variety. Netflix is IDEAL for variety...they have nearly all the old and obscure titles I go for. But I have trouble with Netflix too. It's no fault of theirs but their lax "no late fees" policy result in my holding on to a movie for months and months and months... So Red Box has the instant gratification factor going for it, and it's got most New Releases. Plus I just love getting things out of vending machines. Incidentally, I also like the idea of eating in an automat , although I'm not about to travel all the way to NYC (where the nearest automat restaurant would be...here, for example) just to do so...

No comments: