Tuesday, June 05, 2007

a few of my favorite thangs



I LOVE these...who ever invented these dealies should definitely snagged some sort of industry award for Hair Accessory Innovation....if the hair accessory field has such awards. And they should....some rite of acknowledgement & rewards would promote the development of clever new product and the right hair accessory can totally make your fucking day. Seriously.


I love headbands (a funky print wide headband is especially nice) but those things slip around and always give me two ouchy spots on my skull. That's why I like these. They look cute, stay put, and are absolutely painless.

Also I was belatedly reading the USA Weekend Sunday paper supplement tonight and came across this article about the "kicks" that will be hot this summer. I was thrilled to see my dream Reeboks featured . See below a scan of the very page I tore from USA Weekend. Sure I could've found the shoes online, but I was too stoked for just that.... I wanted the tactile experience of clutching the newsprint in my sweaty little mitts (then clutching it to my heart whilest squealing euphorically)


Anyways.. I want (need, MUST HAVE) the Reebok Freestyles (right side, 2nd from bottom) I'm not sure I want to do bright blue though. I think purple would be neat. Orrrr, I think a red pair would have a Michael-Jackson's-"Beat It" video-ish feel to 'em. I had a pink pair & a black pair of these in the sixth grade and I very wickedly coveted my amiga Heather's Reebok collection. She had four or five pair (probably four) . She had this same bright light blue , and red, and 2 other covetable shades...
According to this write up, these "kicks" "drop" in June or July. I thought the frequent use of the word "kicks" was bad enough but then they start in with "drops" and it feels like they're just being damned gratuitous with the lingo.





No comments: