Thursday, December 07, 2006

oh, Archer Farms LLC, I FORGIVE YOU!!

..you guys have totally redeemed yourselves. In addition to the barfy Chocolate Cranberry trail mix that I kvetched about on Mon, I also picked up a "Sweet Cajun" trail mix. It is EXCELLENT. I'm just glad I didn't try the terrif Sweet Cajun mix first and then had the Chocolate Cranberry stuff...because that woulda been a scenario of profound disappointment rather that surprise redemption. Sweet Cajun trail mix has in it: honey nut crunch peanuts, toasted corn, honey sesame sticks, cajun sesame sticks, regular peanuts, & almonds. "Toasted corn" I copied off the package...they're actually CORN NUTS but that name is probably owned by, uhh, I dunno, whoever makes Corn Nuts. I love the corn nuts and the sesame sticks especially. Oh man this stuff is killer...I wish I'd bought it in a BARREL.

Some notes about upcoming movies... "The Holiday" is going on my must-see list...but definitely holding out until the thing comes out on DVD. I am only charmed by 1/2 of this quartet of lovers and I feel my viewing experience will be much improved by the capability of fast forwarding through all the Cameron Diaz-Jude Law bits. Who wants to watch that??? It's a head cheerleader falling for a quarterback type scenario.. and that does not a decent rom-com make. But the Jack Black &Kate Winslet hook-up looks charming. WOOOOAH hold the mayo-- after further imdb digging, I don't know if I'll be able to hold off until this flick's DVD release. It has John Krasinski (aka mucho adorable Senor Jim Halpert) in it . He's also in Dreamgirls, coming out this month (which I really want to see). I don't think he's got a real substantial role in either flick, but still, it'd be a kick too see him up on the big screen instead of in my living room for a change. Not that I mind him coming over or anything. It's just that I keep trying to lure him into other rooms of the house and he ain't havin' it... Ahem, um, ANYWAYS...

Speaking of small screen stars transitioning to the megaplex.. .
Are many people going to go see "Rocky Balboa" because they really felt matters were unresolved after the last Rocky movie and they've lived a half-life in an agonizing state of limbo for these past 16 years waiting for this sixth installment of the series? Ok, I'm being melodramatic here, but I wonder how many moviegoers are planning on seeing the flick out of a genuine interest in another rehashing of the Rocky story OR, are they more stoked about seeing Peter Petrelli play son-of-Rocky?? I know I'm intrigued. Intrigued, but not stoked. It would take more than a vague twinge of intrigue to get me out to the theatre to see "Rocky Balboa". It would definitely take someone else paying for my tix & num-nums (it may even take someone abducting me at gunpoint...it depends how obstinate I'm feeling on that particular night)

I did really dig this past Monday night's episode of Heroes...much better than that six month rewind bullshit they pulled on me last week. The pisser is now that I'm vaguely somewhat partially up-to-speed and definitely hooked, they go on holiday until the end of January!! That is an OUTRAGE! Why the hell do TV shows get to do that? It's not like they hafta work through the summer!! Some other shows I dig that misguidedly thought that they could take a winter break-- Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, and I think The Office (after next week's episode). Man, if you don't like Peanuts or formulaic Oxygen/Hallmark Channel holiday schlock, then December is a lameass month for TV. Maybe I should use this time to catch up with my looong neglected Netflix queue. Although I do love a good schmaltzy Hallmark Channel original...if they have some new offerings for this year, I may just HAVE TO partake....

No comments: