Wednesday, December 06, 2006

HIP hop hooraaaay HOOOO HEEEEY

My Dad had hip replacement surgery yesterday(went very smoothly). 68 years old and this is his first surgery ever. Consequently, he is just NOW discovering the joys of flirting with nurses. Seriously, it's like his new favorite pasttime. All of those nurses just think he's absolutely precious, and what's more, they haven't heard all his stories (not yet anyways). I almost think when he comes home he'll have hospital withdrawl.

Had today off from work and spent the bulk of it up at the hospital. Maaaan, DHMC is one ginormous bastard of a hospital. I wonder, if all the nation's hospitals were ranked by size, where would DHMC would place on that list? Hmmmm....

I was flipping thru US Weekly and they had this big feature on this brand-new twosome that are redefining--nay, perfecting the art of friendship, and of course the legendary pair I refer to is Britney Spears & Paris Hilton. Now I didn't read any of that article, because I had just bought the magazine and was doing my initial perfunctory flip-thru. But there was 2pg pictoral timeline of their burgeoning bond. I was gazing at this and wondered, "Why the hell is Paris always propping Britney up?" In nearly all the photos, Paris was latched on to Brit's elbow like Brit was her 80 year old Grandma traversing a field of glare ice. Ok, yeah, OBVIOUSLY Britney's schnockered and maybe not so steady on her feet (to which, I gotta say :GO HOME TO YOUR KIDS YOU FILTHYDUMB SLAG) But Paris --steady & sober? That's the bit that baffles me. And even in that case (Brit: drunk & wobbly while Paris: sober & steady) wouldn't it seem more Parisian to allow Britney to topple ass over commando teakettle and just stand by smirking photogenically for the paparazzi?? I mean, is that not what she did when her other BFF Kimberly Stewart took a spill on a motorcycle?? I suspect Paris has a very shrewd reason for safeguarding Britney... If anybody wins out of the Brit-KFed bust up, it's Ms Hilton, herself. I mean, this new friendship is PR gold for her...every shot of these two together has Paris looking just terrific. I mean, she looks like a paragon of sophistication--Grace Freakin' Kelly-- and all she needs to do is go on a pub crawl with that Cheetolicious Trailer Hag. Very shrewd, very MACHIAVELLIAN, Miss Paris...maybe you are not quite as much of a dimwit as I'd presumed!!

No comments: