Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let i-- Oh, nevermind!



I was miffed all day Sunday, and like nine-tenths of Monday due to a lack of fluffy white stuff on the ground. Of COURSE , I mean snow...I'm sure as hell not talkin' ermine (the PETA gestappo would terrorize me!!)

Then last night, at about 11pm, my mother sez "Sheeesh, it's snowing like hell out there!!" Now in the Hallmark channel movie version of my life, at this point I would rush outside and do a few awe-motivated pirouettes with my head tilted up to the sky, an enchanted glow on my smiley visage, and marvel for a few precious moments at the winter wonderment of it all. Well, here's what REALLY happened-- I barely averted my gaze from the TV (I was watching AMC's "Broken Trail " for the 4th time) and I sputtered "ARGH! It's too damn late! F**** it!!"

Well, heck, as long as the driving doesn't get too hazardous, I 'spose I'm ok with a little white fluffy ambiance for a while...

From our holiday potluck last Thurs we have a lot of leftover 2liter bottles of soda and I've been trying to singlehandedly rid the office of this soda surplus. Seriously, I've been knockin' back like a mofo and I don't think ANYBODY is helping me. Here's the wacky-ass part of it... by Fri afternoon the soda was already getting too flat for my liking (I also have rather particular beverage standards ) but I'm inexplicably getting a thrill from using the leftover party cups. They're plastic 9oz Solo brand cups like this---

except in translucent red or green. Usually, I am opting for the red ones. I load it up with ice from the cafeteria vending machine and then the flattish leftover soda and drink my bevvie from a coffee stirrer. I'm not entirely sure why it is, but I do find this practice ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTFUL. The simple & somewhat sane explanation is that the fine folks over at Solo put out an excellent product, capable of lending a shot of festive cheer to even the most mundane of environs. Yeah, and I suppose that's part of it. But more than that I like to imagine that I'm drinking an airline cocktail. Yep, just the mere pretense of boozing it up at work improves my day here in cubby-Hades.

No comments: