Thursday, May 20, 2010

donkey monikers

My friend’s sister is getting a donkey. Said friend emailed me about this straight away as I’ve opined to her in the past that donkeys are the cutest and best farm animals. I wrote her back -- “just say the word and I will throw at you a bevy of high quality donkey names” Now she’s said the word and…well… I was going to start her off with a dozen but I’ve become blocked.

I thought it would be funny to go veddy Brit w/ this –use an upper-class twit sort of name. All my brain could come up with was Allistair, Algernon, and Niles. Niles I nixed because it only reminds me of the old dude who was Rose’s boyfriend on the Golden Girls. Giles too, is no good (Buffy…which I didn’t even watch….spoiled that one). I typed “Algernon Allistair” into the ask.com search engine and one of the top results was this site called The Peerage ….which I just might make use of. It rather amuses me , the notion of culling a donkey name from that site.

The list is still in progress, but my #1 (that I put down immediately) is Donkey Kong. It’s a little simple…but it makes me laugh.

I will keep y'all posted on this developing story (hey, slow news day, eh?)

No comments: