Tuesday, October 07, 2008

I need a HERO

I would be sadly remiss if I forgot to blather on about last night's Heroes.

I've send it before, and I shall reiterate: time-travel stories confuse the &^$@#% outta me!! I think it would be easier for me to wrap my brain around this if this whole futurescape was just part of Parkman's loco-berry induced dream. But I know that's not how they're gonna play it.

Oh, speaking o' Parkman ("PacMan" as that nameless tour guide fellah calls him) it's good to see him with a fam and apparently getting some lovin' in the future-- even if it is with that Daphne chick. I suppose she was incrementally less annoying in this episode anyways.

I suddenly find myself kind of smitten with Sylar. I wasn’t into him the past seasons (this is season # 3, right??) when he’s been completely blackhearted. Which is not to say I want him to turn into a goody-goody either. I like him how he’s been this season—shades of gray, so to speak. It started (my change of heart) when he made a funny in the season premiere (“It’s your brain, Claire. That’s DISGUSTING.”) and then, this episode, seeing him as a loving/vengeful pater familias-- that was very nice. Shades of HRG, no?

Was not in the least surprised that Nathan & Tracy started smooching. I mean, you can't fault her--she has no idea that he has an MIA parapalegic wife & MIA kids (what the hell happened to his immediate fam anyways?) Plus, how can you not make out with someone who swooped outta the sky and saved you from a death-plummet?? I'm only surprised that she held out until she'd finished her scotch. As for Nathan--well, born-again & superpowered or not, he's still a man.

I am of course, MUCHO intrigued about who the supervillian is that's making a big return in next week's ep. ERIC ROBERTS, MAYBE?? I don't really think so, but I would like it to be. I mean, he got shot or burnt or somehow offed, but he was working for Linderman (who could've reversed that). It can't be Adam--just because that would be a dirty trick-- to promise a mysterious big return next week for someone we've already seen return this week...

No comments: