Wednesday, February 08, 2012

bam, bam, BAM!B.A.M.!!!

I kinda feel like a hypocritical ingrate by dissing Books-a-Million (as I am poised to do)  because when they came to town, I was SO grateful and hugely stoked.  You can most definitely do your thriftiest book buys on Amazon, but there is something to be said  for actual, physical browsing.

Everytime I check out at B.A.M. they ask me if I want to be in their galldurn Millionaire's Club.  You save a % off on some purchases or every purchase, I don't know.  I just tire of these bloody GIMMICKS. My patronage should be enough to grant me savings!! But y'know, if aforesaid membership was free, I would probably acquiesce. But no, it's $20 annually.  I know what you're sayin', or maybe sayin', or maybe just thinkin' in your head, and that is "Oh, $20. a year is not a staggering amount.  And with her B.A.M. binges it would  pay for itself soon enough"  And to you, I say...how the hell do you know that I shop at B.A.M. all the time? You're right, of course, but...that's well creepy.
It's the principal of the thing, dammit.  If I resign myself to this gimmick, it will surely beget MORE gimmicks.  I suppose, if I  felt reeeally strongly about it, I would boycott the place entirely. But I know me...I can't manage that.  But hey, griping in this forum could really stir the masses.  I have a readership bordering on TWENTY STRONG! Grass roots movement, amigos.

Oh--it gets more ludicrous. It was undoubtedly the nutty generosity with the wi-fi that toppled the Borders empire, therefore, there is NO free wi-fi to be had at B.A.M. You get some access code if you have a Millionaires card. Bollocks!!  It's not just that this rule thwarts my agenda, but I think it must lose them money too.  I always feel compelled to drop a pittance of moolah anywhere I am bogarting the wi-fi, and I would bet there are a good deal of people who feel likewise. But  when I get that wi-fi connection kaibash message at B.A.M, I am NOT inclined to stick around there and shop.  I'm like "Lates, bitches. Off to Paneras, then" 

1 comment:

Hey Monkey Butt said...

Thats total BS you have to be on their Millinaires card to use their wifi! They offer me that whenever i go and I always say no, because no matter how much I LOVE BOOK SHOPPING, I only get to do it once or twice a year maybe. WOuldn't pay off for me I guess ::sniffles::