Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Yet Another Hodge Podge

Whenever I get gravely blogstipated it seems I always crank out a list of some sort.  I guess I'm not inspired enough on any one topic, so if I throw up a few disjointed bulletpoints I think it might suffice.  It's better than nothin' anyway? Si? No?

1. I just "LIKED" Vincent Price on Facebook and was astounded, appalled and surprised that I had not already done so.  I'm am pretty damned conscientious about FB liking things (in regards to art, pop culture, businesses, products etc...)that I like IRL.  I kinda get this little pang of gratification that--I dunno- I suppose comes from some sense of "making it official".   I also think if FBI profilers need to study me one day, I want them to have lots of fodder for study. Lots and lots of paradoxical, confounding fodder.

2. Looking up and liking VPrice  called to mind my "Interchangable Celebs" roster.  Well, they're not ALL interchangable, but I think some sure are.  They're all inextricably linked (sometimes inexplicably linked) in my mind.  Like Vincent Price acts like a trigger that invariably makes me think of Jack Palance (and vice versa...but let the record show that I don't love Palance near as much as I do Price) Here is a  wee sub-list:
1. Rachel Bilson & Mila Kunis
2. Jack Palance & Vincent Price
3. Bill Paxton & Bill Pullman (is this duo not on EVERYONE'S list?)
4. Paul Giamatti & Philip Seymour Hoffman

The list is actually much longer but now that I'm focusing on the list, writing about it, my mind is going blank.  Feck.

3. A few months back, there was a Team Building Meeting (replete with overpaid consultants!) for our managers.  An hour or so after this meeting wrapped, I was walking through the conference room it was held in and I saw that they had some  bullet points still posted up on the wall (have you seen those flip charts that have adhesive backing that render the pages into like giant Post-Its?  That's what they used in this meeting)  I figured that page was headed for the trash, so I proceeded to deface it (of course!)
WELL...imagine my surprise when I went into my boss's office to do her a favor last week, and I found that posted on her wall. I  snapped a few pics with my cell  (ever-so-slyly, mind you.  She was nowhere around, but the office door was wide open) . 

 
So you can't really see where I defaced it in the top pic, but you can see in the bottom one my contribution: "with your spelling". OK, so it's not like I spray-painted my gang tag on there or scribbled penises on there,but it was still done with a spirit of impudence. Snarky impudence.  I realize that those notes were jotted up there during a rapid fire brainstorming orgy, but that's no excuse.  If I'd seen that someone had, apres faux pas, tried to wedge the omitted C in there with one o' those ^ dealies, I woulda for sure let it slide.  But we PAY those jackalopes to intruct our management...so I'm less than thrilled that they are propagating the shoddy spelling skills that are already epidemical with that lot.
 
I wonder if my boss realizes I did that?  Knowing her, she probably didn't even notice it..
 
 
4. Speaking of workplace wall postings,  I have the job of maintaining the office "Kudos Board".  This is a cork board repository for all the good feedback for our staffers (usually stuff reported through email, sometimes cards sent in to us). I had, recently, a TOTALLY BRILL. notion that would cut down on gratuitous praise. I could makeover the "Kudos Board" into a "HaiKUDOS Board" and make it mandatory for all commendations submitted to be in the form of a Haiku poem. Of course, there's a definite conflict of interest issue with me doing my own Haikudo, but just for the sake of y'all having an example---

Scurry, office wench

you clerical gun for hire.

Give that girl a raise!

No comments: