Tuesday, April 09, 2013

The Last 3 Things I Bought on iTunes

Yeeeeeeeeeeeah, more about music. I swear, next post, it'll be about something real pithy- business ethics, or quantum physics, or my favorite internet celebrity cats.

It's just that my tunes library is sorted by date of acquistion (newest songs on top)  and looking at the top few songs, it struck me that it was a sampling that illustrated how  loco all-over-the-map my taste is.  

This first one I've been using to kick off nearly every single car trip nowadays...

I feel like I should be offended by really misogynistic rap lyrics such as these, but truthfully they don't bother me in the slightest.

And we go from that to the  very lovely guitar in--


The Rumours album has been kicking around the planet for longer than I have, and somehow, incredibly, I just heard that song for the first time last week.  I had already written off Fleetwood Mac as "Ok, but not really a particular fave of mine"  "Landslide" notwithstanding.  Everytime I hear "Landslide" I tear up, yet I still LOVE it.  I guess that's technically a F-Mac song, but in my mind it's more of a Stevie Nicks thing. But anywho...not particularly into the group, but I heard "Never Going Back Again" on the radio the other night and was smitten with that guitar.  The vocals are more-or-less ignorable, but the guitar is like an extract of all that was sweet about the seventies..it's floppy sun hats and daisies, and riding tandem bikes.

The instrumentals in this Yardbirds song are amaaaazeballs, It makes me want to go-go dance in hyper turbo-speed. (Ain't nobody wanna see that shit, so I just go-go dance in my mind)



It seems to me very.. I dunno... complicated for 1965.  There's lotsa cool shit going on there, particularly when you contrast it with some o' the stuff  from that same period...a basic little ditty like "Mrs Brown You've Got a Lovely Daughter" for instance...

No comments: