Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Random Screen Shots



I have Urban Dictionary as a bookmarked site on my phone.  It can prove rather handy.  Say you are driving and your favorite Soulja Boy song comes on the radio (Blecch...there's no accounting  for taste, I 'spose)  and you become overwhelmingly perplexed by whatever could Soulja mean by "Superman dat ho" ?  Well, you could use Urban Dictionary to figure that one out.  It's on there.  I DO NOT advise looking it up, but it's on there.

So like I said, the site can come in handy...but I take the info on there with a big grain o' salt.   Like, I've have browsed o'er definitions on there and I really can't imagine real humans having a real-life conversation that is peppered with that jargon.

So Urban Dictionary sez to me: "Look up anything, like your city".  My city? Hey, look,I'm not  really into discovering how my beloved hometown is a  warped euphemism for sharting during sex.  I don't wanna know that!!  That verbage though, in particular, their use of "anything" reads like a CHALLENGE to me.  And actually it is pretty tricky to throw somethin' in that search field that won't surprise you with some  rude and/or filthy secret connotation.  That screen shot there is me trying to stump UD.  Aglet has a rude meaning (supposedly).  Didn't stump it with "spatula " either (ewww). 

However there is no Urban definition of "Pachalafaka".  That was a relief because it would be a damn shame for these UD creeps to sully one of my silly old Muppet Show memories.  That song was on the very first season of the Muppets.  And apparently, the Muppets stole it from Soupy Sales (see below


So, yeah,  don't fret...it might be some myseriouso gibberish, but I've looked into it and it's nothing untowards.

1 comment:

Hey Monkey Butt said...

Ha! Old time videos and music like this cracks me up at times. That 'stache is hilarious!