Tuesday, March 13, 2012

OHHH Sometimes I Crack My Own Shit Up...

I had a fun Saturday night out in Rutland with my friend Andrea.  We went to this nice little restaurant and then to a comedy show.The only thing I didn't particularly like about this eatery was the name. They call it "Roots the Restaurant".  Now, I woulda been fine with just "Roots" .  The other bit makes it...I dunno..patronizing.  Yes, I am familiar with Roots: the Miniseries, but I'm hardly going to get it confused with this restaurant am I?? There's considerably less LeVar Burton & whipping...at least on the Saturday night that I went.  Jimmy Fallon's house band is The Roots, so they are adequately differentiated, methinks.

Anyway, while dining at Roots THE RESTAURANT, Andrea was snapping pics on her phone, live-commemorating the fun.  We did 2 smiley, heads-together portait shots and she HAAATED her face in one of 'em but didn't delete that one because I asked her to send it to me because I thought it was the better shot of me. I actually came out looking half-decent in both shots, but in the one Andrea favored, the keep-it-on-the-hanger-ribbon-loop of my shirt is clearly visible.  I'm such a putz--always forgetting to snip those off...and they always be fucking up my decolletage.



Andrea said I could have the shot she didn't like but before sending it to me, she sternly FORBADE me from posting it to FB without first cropping her outta the pic. Well, I thought I could do a much more clever edit than a mere crop...and I put out a sort of demi-album on my Facebook page-- all the people besides Andrea I hung out with on Saturday night.

Well, 1st, scope out the original shot (this one NOT posted to FB..in accordance with her wishes)--

I actually wanted to pixelate Andrea's face, but could not, for the life o' me, figure out how to do that. Perhaps if I shilled out $$ for some software that's a bit less basic (MS Paint is my medium in all these)

This is the best I could manage...



The original... with Witness Protection Program grade identity blur.



A DREAM.  Kinda f-ing rad, this, but it also has a sad fangirl stalker undertone. That's why I moved on to...




...artsy sophisticated  stalker fangirl. Doesn't Uggie look like he's poised to bark up a storm to alert his oblivious master to the creeper hiding behind his sofa? Good boy, Uggie, good boy!!


I was also going to do a Richard Dawson one, just so's ya know. Couldn't find a decent Dawson pic to work with.




Ohmigod CAROL CHANNING is wicked fun to do shots with you guys!!

Holy Guano, this is the one I really love. It gave me a mighty guffaw.  I have never seen anybody so thrilled to meet somebody as Bat Boy was to meet me (CLEARLY).  And after reading Bat Boy's wiki bio , I realize that I should have been the one ecstatic to meet him. He is surprisingly accomplished!!!

1 comment:

Hey Monkey Butt said...

lmao these are awesome that last one scared the bejebus outta me. :)