Friday, March 09, 2012

All I wanna to is Zooma Zoom Zoom Zoom down I89!!

It's too bad...I had a great time this weekend with amigos....and I had my camera sitting in my computer bag in the car the whole time.  I snapped a pic or two on my phone, but they came out pretty lousy. 

I stumbled upon my camera on Sunday afternoon as I was about to embark on my way home.  Batteries were dead though.  This necessitated a stop-over at  Kmart. But you don't understand...it was a long awaited Kmart expedition. There is a Kmart that I've passed a hundred or so times on the Shelburne Rd in Burlington that looks a li'l something like---
Well actually, it looks *exactly* like that. That, above, is a photo I snapped from the parking lot. I wanted to stop there for a long time because I am a bit of a nostalgia junkie, I thought perhaps the store interior was as outdated as the storefront, thereby giving me a nice little 'stalgia fix.  I guess I was dreaming of something like....


OR



Both images borrowed from the Pleasant Family Shopping blog...a really RAD site that all my fellow nostalgia fiends should check out
http://pleasantfamilyshopping.blogspot.com/
 
But the inside was just like any other circa 2012 Kmart store.  Quelle disappointment!!! 

Well, I was decidedly NOT disappointed with my next stop.  I wanted some road eats. I spied that a Five Guys had sprouted on Shelburne Road since I'd last travelled it. I decided to check it out.  Fecking 'ell was that a good burger!!!  Also I am not a total ignoramus--I do know that is a real kamikaze move--nutritionally speaking .  I'm just glad I don't have one too close by ...the temptation would plague me for sure!!  If I go back...I will plan ahead.  I will  lead up to it with a week long cleanse (OR would one cleanse afterward?? Probably wise to do before & after....only green roughage for a 1/2 week prior to the 5G pilgrimage, green roughage for 3 days thereafter) Or I will bring someone to split everything in 1/2 with.  That seems a WAY more feasible workaround.  However, according to the chain's website--
"There are over 250,000 possible ways to order a burger at Five Guys."
Could I ever agree with someone on the proper burger specs???  For my inaugural Five Guys feed, I got a big soda, order o' fries (OMFG- SO good. Got 'em plain when I prob'ly shoulda gone for Cajun style...since that's one of their unique things. Oh well...next time?) and the burger thusly-- cheez burger w/ bacon
mayo & ketchup
grilled onions
grilled jalapenos
pickles

PERFECTO!!  
Oh, since I had just resurrected my camera I was feeling a little snap happy whilest waiting for my order--


For what it's worth...  I only ate 1/2 the burger and 2/3 of the fries and decided to eat the rest for supper.  I thought if I had to ingest 9zillion calories all by myself, I would split it into 2 meals. So gnoshing only preoccupied me from Exit 13 down to about Exit 11...after which there was still  a looong way home (quite a number of miles between exits in VT, you must realize) and I have driven that stretch of I89 a kazillion times, so I was bored as hell and seeking some other preoccupation.

And so you have the below video.  I was trying to capture the thrill of winter weather driving (though the snow ceased around Exit 6) . Ok so nothing actually happens in these vids...but watch 'em anyway, huh?  I've pared 'em down to <1minute.













1 comment:

Hey Monkey Butt said...

K-Marts are indeed soooo outdated. Its crazy really. Then again there aren't many left anymore I guess. When I ate hamburgers I loved 5 Guys as well :)