Tuesday, August 04, 2009

epicurean findings

Ohhh, lest your inner foodie get all excited, I should warn you at the outset that I have some very lowbrow eats on the docket. No haute cuisine reviews here.


I bought these in KMart:



Not only did I love the little chortle-fits that that name sends me into, the little crackers are crab-shaped!! How could I *&%^#ing RESIST? (I couldn't) Flavor-wise, it's basically generic cheezits with yummy crabby spices added.


I have long been a fan of magic shell. That is some awesome and truly magical shit. However I just recently discovered that it can actually be improved upon when my sister bought...



I guess the chocolate has a hint o' caramel in it (which, I'll be honest, I can't taste) but it's the pecan crunchies that really make this kick so much ass. And I don't even like pecans!! Or I never have, anyways. Apparently when they're crushed up finely and awash in a sea of chocolate, I don't have a problem with them...

Lastly, I am also raving about Wendy's Sweet & Spicy Asian Chicken. Am hoping they make it a permanent addition to the menu (don't think they're planning on that though). It's sort of in the tradition of General Tsao's Chicken only BETTER than any General Tsao's I've ever ordered. And I'm somewhat of an afficianado, as that used to be my go-to entree to order back when I ordered lots of Chinese food (Mexican food has since surpassed that as my preferred cuisine )

No comments: